Buy-Side and Sell-Side Peers Salute Industry’s Oldest Firm Owned & Operated by Service-Disabled Military Vets
Feb 5, 2015 New York- Mischler Financial Group, Inc., the securities industry’s oldest investment bank/institutional brokerage owned and operated by service-disabled veterans was recognized by industry peers last night and awarded “Best Research Provider-BrokerDealer” during the 5th Annual Wall Street Letter Awards held at New York City’s Cipriani 42nd Street.
This is the second year in a row that Mischler has been feted for its excellence in research content by a panel of judges representing both buy-side investment managers and sell-side broker-dealers. Runners-up in the Best Research-BrokerDealer category included two other contenders: 125-year old super regional and full-service investment brokerage Stifel Nicolaus and financial service sector investment bank Sandler O’Neill + Partners.
The 5th Annual Wall Street Letter Award program encompassed 36 categories of excellence, including broker-dealer products and services, trading technology vendors and major exchanges. More than125 firms were nominated across the various categories, and Mischler Financial was the sole diversity firm recognized for being “best-in-class.”
Accepting the award on behalf of Mischler Financial Group was Ron Quigley, Managing Director of Fixed Income Syndicate and Primary Sales and author of “Quigley’s Corner,” the firm’s daily debt capital market commentary, which includes granular insight to corporate bond market issuance and rates trading. Quigley’s Corner is distributed to more than 1000 Fortune corporate treasurers, leading investment managers, public plan sponsors and senior executives across the sell-side’s fixed income syndicate universe. Mischler also provides bespoke global macro strategy observations, equity trading insight and consumer market sector analysis to its institutional client base.
Noted Dean Chamberlain, CEO of Mischler Financial, “It is both an honor and a privilege to be recognized by such an esteemed group of industry professionals and a further testament to our value-add capabilities, especially when compared to the most recognized and respected firms in the financial services industry.”
- Mischler Muni Market Outlook: Municipal Bond Offerings Scheduled Week of April 24 04/24/2017
- Week’s IG Corporate Bond Issuance: Cooling Off Period; April Showers Bring May Flowers 04/22/2017
- FIG Funding 5.0- Mother Merrill Launches a MOAB (Mother of All Bonds) 04/20/2017
- FIGs 4.0; Investment Grade New Issue Re-Cap- Mischler Debt Market Comment 04/19/2017
- Mischler Muni Market Outlook-Pending Municipal Debt Offerings Scheduled This Week 04/17/2017
- Risk Appetites Sour as News Cycle Confounds, But US Equity Markets Remain Stable; Mischler Commentary 04/07/2017