Setting Mischler apart from other boutique investment bank / institutional brokerage firms within the financial industry is the fact that our executive team and staff members are led by distinguished American veterans whose attention to detail, discipline and integrity was finely-honed while serving in the ranks and leadership for the greatest military power in the free world, the United States of America.
While there can be no greater honor than serving to defend our country, we take great pride in continuing to give back by serving a critical role for institutional managers who seek both diversity and a reliable access point to free markets.
Each day, our team serves to defend and protect the interests of our corporate treasury clients, as well as federal, state and municipal Issuers in the course of their capital market initiatives. With the same passionate dedication and capability, we also serve the needs of leading institutional investment managers, public plan sponsors, endowments, and foundations.
Our staff is well versed in state statutes that pertain to the investment of public operating monies, as well as statutes with regard to investments for state police and fire pension funds. We remain active in state and nationally-related organizations that serve State of California governmental entities.
* Born, December 31, 1946. Son of a career US Army Officer
* Graduated 1969 from United States Military Academy, West Point, N.Y. with B.S. Engineering
* Active duty 1969-1974 receiving honorable discharge with permanent classification as a
service-connected disabled veteran
* Married with three children - 38,31, 26
* Mischler Financial Group, Inc. - Founder, Lead Principal and Chairman
* Mischler Liberty - Majority Owner, Lead Principal, President
* Mischler Financial Services - Owner, DBA
* Liberty Capital Markets Inc. - Account Executive, Sales Manager
* Black & Decker - Western U.S. Sales Manager
* Squibb Pharmaceutical - Southwestern U.S. Sales Manager
* Procter and Gamble - Sales Representative, District Field Representative, Unit Manager
* Series 7 - Full Registration / General Securities Representative
* Series 24 - General Securities Principal
* Series 53 - Municipal Securities Principal
* Series 63 - Uniform Securities Agent
* 1996-Present: Mischler Financial Group, Inc. Corona Del Mar, CA. Chief Operating Officer responsible for trading and sales, institutional fixed income broker-dealer certified as a Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise.
* 1995-1996: Gilford Securities, Inc., Newport Beach, CA. Managing Director, Fixed Income. Established an institutional fixed income branch in Newport Beach to service 8 branch offices of Gilford Securities.
* 1985-1995: Liberty Capital Markets, Irvine, CA. Co-founder, President and CEO of Liberty Capital Markets, a fixed income broker dealer, dealing with institutional clients. Responsible for day-to-day activities of the firm, including trading, sales, operations, and compliance.
* 1981-1985: Liberty Monetary Services, Newport Beach, CA. President and CEO of Liberty Monetary Services, and administrative firm that contracted with fixed income broker dealers to handle all administrative and operational functions on a contract basis.
* Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA – Bachelor of Arts Degree, Business Administration, 1971
* Series 3 – Commodities Futures
* Series 7 – Full Registration/General Securities Representative
* Series 79 – Investment Banking Representative
* Series 22 – Direct Participation Programs Representative
* Series 24 – General Securities Principal
* Series 39 – Direct Participation Programs Principal
* Series 53 – Municipal Securities Principal
* Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent
Chief Executive Officer Dean Chamberlain is graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and former US Army Captain (4th Infantry Division) whose securities industry career extends back to 1992. As CEO, Mr. Chamberlain is tasked with growing MFG’s overall business in the Americas, as well as our international equity trading and distribution capabilities within global debt and equity capital markets.
Prior to joining Mischler Financial in early 2011, Mr. Chamberlain was a Member of the Board of Directors for Nomura Securities International (NSI) and served as NSI’s Head of Fixed Income for the Americas and Head of Distribution in both North and South America. Mr. Chamberlain was the senior American Representative for Nomura Holdings America, where he was also the sole American member of the Global Fixed Income Management Committee. Mr. Chamberlain was credited with guiding Nomura Securities profitably through the global credit crisis and for being instrumental in guiding that firm through the process of becoming a Primary Dealer for US Treasury Securities.
Previous to his executive leadership role at Nomura Securities, Mr. Chamberlain was a senior executive for Bank of America Securities, where he played a crucial role driving business growth as Head of Structured Products distribution for the Midwest region. Mr. Chamberlain began his financial services career in 1992 at Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette where he traded mortgage and asset-backed products.
Mr. Chamberlain’s 6-year tour of duty in the US Army, during which he held various leadership positions with the U.S. 4th Infantry Division, was cut short subsequent to a disabling injury that he suffered in the line of duty.
Mr. Chamberlain holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering Management from the United States Military Academy at West Point and a Masters in Business Administration from J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.
Residing in Old Greenwich, CT, with his wife and three children, Mr. Chamberlain also serves various charity positions with a focus on disabled veterans and disadvantaged children.
- Mischler Muni Market Outlook: Municipal Bond Offerings Scheduled Week of April 24 04/24/2017
- Week’s IG Corporate Bond Issuance: Cooling Off Period; April Showers Bring May Flowers 04/22/2017
- FIG Funding 5.0- Mother Merrill Launches a MOAB (Mother of All Bonds) 04/20/2017
- FIGs 4.0; Investment Grade New Issue Re-Cap- Mischler Debt Market Comment 04/19/2017
- Mischler Muni Market Outlook-Pending Municipal Debt Offerings Scheduled This Week 04/17/2017
- Risk Appetites Sour as News Cycle Confounds, But US Equity Markets Remain Stable; Mischler Commentary 04/07/2017