In 1994, Mischler Financial Group became the securities industry’s first minority broker-dealer owned and operated by Service Disabled Veterans (SDVs). We were also the first Finra member to be a federally-certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business Enterprise (SDVOBE). Our original investment banking | institutional brokerage business plan envisioned three critical objectives :
(i) To fill a critical void in terms of qualified firms able to meet the broad spectrum of federal and state legislative diversity and inclusion initiatives.
(ii) As D&I goals and mandates further extend across the investment industry ecosystem, to provide true added-value for public plan sponsors, institutional investment managers and Corporate Issuers of debt and equity who are focused on engaging qualified and most capable minority-owned firms who could service their respective capital market needs.
(iii) To give back and pay forward via direct support of the nationwide community of Service-Disabled Veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much, but are too often lacking the resources, support and opportunities that they not only deserve, but have earned through their sacrifice in the course of defending every American’s interests.
Since our formation, and through the leadership and inspiration of both our Founder & Chairman Walter Mischler (SDV) a U.S Military Academy at West Point grad (Class of ’69) and CEO Dean Chamberlain(SDV), (USMA Class of ’85), our firm has grown exponentially. We now employ 55+ financial industry professionals across eight major-city offices. Our team of securities industry veterans provide aggressively-competitive capital markets services to a discerning institutional community that includes the country’s top Fortune corporations, the leading public plan sponsors and most-recognized institutional investment managers.
However much we’ve grown and benefited from the hard work of our team, the support and trust of those who we do business for, and the contemporaries who we work with across the financial services arena, we have remained adamant about our firm’s unwavering dedication to “doing good by giving back” to the disabled military veteran community and their respective families.
Our support of the SDV community includes our taking a lead role in a broad variety of philanthropic programs, advocacy initiatives. legislative campaigns and mentoring of service-disabled military veterans who are determined to overcome all obstacles.
Since 1994, we have directly and indirectly raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for critical SDV support programs and initiatives that provide for higher education opportunities including, among others, The Fisher House Foundation, The Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation, Bob Woodruff Foundation , The Semper Fi Fund, Veterans Education Challenge , Lead The Way Fund, Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund, Buildon.org, and Wounded WarriorProject.
In addition to providing direct financial support and leading fund raising initiatives for various SDV-related organizations and select philanthropies focused on advancing higher education throughout urban communities. Mischler Financial Group has proven to be trusted thought-leader and advocate in connection with multiple state-based legislative initiatives that advance Service-Disabled Vetern Business Enterprise programs. We have also mentored tens of dozens of men and women who became disabled while serving within our country’s military branches. Our dedication extends across the following activities:
- Direct financial support of various Service-Disabled Veteran causes and advocacy groups, including (among others) the Fisher House Foundation, The Bob Woodruff Foundation, The Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation, The Semper Fi Fund, The Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund, Wounded Warrior Project, Veterans Education Challenge (donation-based crowdfund campaign) and Veterans on Wall Street (VOWS).
- Career Mentoring of Disabled Veterans who aspire to overcome obstacles and pursue entrepreneurial endeavors as they return to the private sector, including the financial services industry.
- Direct Hiring, Training and Mentoring of qualified service-disabled veterans.
- Expert Guidance and testimony submitted to state legislatures throughout the U.S. to extend SDVBE legislative mandates similar to those enacted at first by California, and since by Alaska, Arkansas, Illinois, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
- Guidance to Fortune corporations seeking to expand their support of the veteran community at large, including counsel regarding internal corporate programs implemented by corporate peers across the U.S.
- Lead and support roles on behalf of multiple national and local fund-raising programs in which proceeds are directed to select Veteran and SDV advocacy groups and families of service-disabled veterans in need of financial support.
- Mischler Muni Market Outlook: Municipal Bond Offerings Scheduled Week of April 24 04/24/2017
- Week’s IG Corporate Bond Issuance: Cooling Off Period; April Showers Bring May Flowers 04/22/2017
- FIG Funding 5.0- Mother Merrill Launches a MOAB (Mother of All Bonds) 04/20/2017
- FIGs 4.0; Investment Grade New Issue Re-Cap- Mischler Debt Market Comment 04/19/2017
- Mischler Muni Market Outlook-Pending Municipal Debt Offerings Scheduled This Week 04/17/2017
- Risk Appetites Sour as News Cycle Confounds, But US Equity Markets Remain Stable; Mischler Commentary 04/07/2017